January 2016/2017 Capital City Rec Hockey League


Sat 28th, (Game #20)
@ 5:15pm, Russ Barnes arena Rangers vs. Garbage Goals (L 1-0) I didn't play that well tonight. In the third period I got cross checked hard from behind from their defence men and I got up and did the same to him and then he started to swing at me and the referee held him back to stop it. I got four minutes in penalties and it should have only been two. I usually don't do that. I made some really bad passes. It felt like our team was not skating as well as we normally can. They out played us for the most part. The game could have gone either way. They out shot us 14 to 11.  

Tues 24th, (Game #19) 1 Goal
@ 10:30pm, Coronation arena Rangers vs. Admirals (W 3-1) On my goal also the game winning Howard C passed it across to the front of their net and Andy R poked it free and I spun around a wired a hard snap shot off the post and in with only a minute and a half left in the third period. They out played us. we fought back as I thought we played a lot better in the third period. Our defensemen did a really good job of keeping their players to the out side. Our goalie Blake M was solid as we were out shot 27 to 17. Andy R 1G & 1A. Rob H 1G. Robin M 2A. Howard C 1A.   

Tues 17th, (Game #18) 1 Assist
@ 10:30pm, Coronation arena Rangers vs. Knights (L 3-1) On my assist our defence men Andy R made a nice play at their blue line to get me the puck in the slot and I passed it to Michael C who had a really nice back hand shot go top shelf. In the first period my legs felt like rocks and I was not passing the puck good. The next two periods I got my legs moving and made a few nice plays. The first period they out played us and we only had three shots. We played a lot better in the second and third periods however most of our chances were one and done with no sustained pressure. We got out shot 25 to 19 and our goalie Ryan L was a big reason why the score was respectable. Michael C 1G. Andy R 1A.

Mon 9th, (Game #17) 1 Assist
@ 10:00pm, Crestwood arena Rangers vs. Southside Samurai (W 4-3 in S/O) For my assist Harry A passed it to me around the boards and I went behind the net to centre it out front to Michael C who tapped it in. This game was a fast paced game with end to end action. Their team collapsed in front of their own net really well making it hard to get good scoring chances. The turning point was late in the third period game was tied and our goalie Ryan L made a huge save on a two on one. It went to three on three over time where no one scored. In the shoot out we went through seven shooters on our team and still tied and I had a chance to win it for us, so with the game on my stick I went in with lots of speed faked my shot just slightly and it opened up the five hole and I snapped it in. We out shot them 30 to 28. Javan M 1G. Rob H 1G. Michael C 1G. Harry A 2A. David J 1A. Alex H 1A.    

Fri 6th, (Game #16) 1 Assist
@ 8:30pm, Garrison Army Base arena Rangers vs. Voodoo (L 5-2) For my assist we were cycling the puck down low and Javan M passed it to me and I passed it back to the point where Bruce C took a slap shot to score. We got out played tonight. We had a really hard time clearing the puck from our own zone and they were able to keep us hemmed in for long periods of time. Our goalie Ryan L was very solid and kept us in the game as we were out shot 31 to 25. Javan M 1G & 1A. Bruce C 1G. Robin M 1A.  

No comments:

Post a Comment